Kimberley, Fernie & Cranbrook Bylaws
Where can we smoke in Kimberley?
A person must not consume cannabis:
1) inside a public building;
2) within 7.5 metres of an entrance, air intake or window of a public building;
3) in or within 7.5 metres of a public Municipal open space;
4) in or within 7.5 metres of an outdoor special event area.
The following areas have been designated by the City of Kimberley as "No Smoking Areas"
Outdoor skating rinks
Big & Little Coronation Fields
Kimberley & Marysville Cemeteries
Where can we smoke in Fernie?
The City of Fernie does not have a specific bylaw for public
consumption of cannabis, but provincial regulations do apply:
1) A person must not consume cannabis:
(a) in or on school property, or
(b) within a prescribed distance from school property.
2) A person must not smoke (or vape) cannabis in or on any of the following places, if the place is a public place that is outdoors:
(a) a skating rink, sports field, swimming pool, playgrounds, skate parks;
(b) a spray pool or wading pool within the meaning of regulations under the Public Health Act or a splash pad;
(c) a deck, seating area, viewing area or other place used in association with a place to which paragraph (a) or (b) applies.
(3) A person must not smoke (or vape) cannabis within a prescribed distance from the places to which subsection (1) (a) to (b) applies.
(4) A person must not smoke (or vape) cannabis in a prescribed area of any the following places:
(a) a park within the meaning of the Park Act;
(b) a regional park within the meaning of the Local Government Act;
(c) an outdoor area established by a local government for purposes of
Where can we smoke in Cranbrook?
Cranbrook prohibits smoking inside a public building and up to 6 meters away from a public building.
Smoking is prohibited in a park, municipal space, cemetery, transit shelter or similar places marked for passenger loading or unloading.
Cannabis is banned during outdoor special events, however, there is an application process for exemption.
What products can we carry?
Dried flower, pre-rolls, cannabis oils, capsules, seeds, vape cartridges, concentrates (ex. shatter, hash and rosin), edibles (ex. gummies, chocolates, mints) and beverages that comply with federal requirements. We also carry a wide variety of cannabis accessories.
What size formats are available for each product type?
Products are available in the following formats:
THC Capsule: 2.5 - 10 (mg)
CBD Capsule: 2.5 - 50 (mg)
Oil: 15, 20, 30 (mL)
Dried Flower: 1 gram to 28 gram
Pre-Rolls: Size: 0.3 gram to 1 gram Qty: 1 to 14 rolls per package
Seeds: 4 to 5 seeds per package
What products are coming?
The government has announced that the retailers can have a direct supply agreements with licensed craft growers by November 2021.
If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us