Kimberley, Fernie & Cranbrook Bylaws
Where can we smoke in Kimberley?
A person must not consume cannabis:
1) inside a public building;
2) within 7.5m of an entrance, air intake or window of a public building;
3) in or within 7.5m of a public Municipal open space;
4) in or within 7.5m of an outdoor special event area.
Where can we smoke in Fernie?
The City of Fernie does not have a specific bylaw for public
consumption of cannabis, but provincial regulations do apply:
1) A person must not consume cannabis:
(a) in or on school property, or
(b) within a prescribed distance from school property.
2) A person must not smoke (or vape) cannabis in or on any of the following places, if the place is a public place that is outdoors:
(a) a skating rink, sports field, swimming pool, playground or skate park;
(b) a spray pool or wading pool within the meaning of regulations under the Public Health Act or a splash pad;
(c) a deck, seating area, viewing area or other place used in association with a place to which paragraph (a) or (b) applies.
(3) A person must not smoke (or vape) cannabis within a prescribed distance from the places to which subsection (1) (a) to (b) applies.
(4) A person must not smoke (or vape) cannabis in a prescribed area of any the following places:
(a) a park within the meaning of the Park Act;
(b) a regional park within the meaning of the Local Government Act;
(c) an outdoor area established by a local government for purposes of
Where can we smoke in Cranbrook?
Cranbrook prohibits smoking in a public building or up to 7 meters away from a public building. Smoking is prohibited in a park, municipal space, cemetery, transit shelter or bus stop and any public municipal right of way. Cannabis is banned during outdoor special events, however, there is an application process for exemption.
What products can we carry?
Flower, pre-rolls, cannabis oils, capsules, seeds, vape cartridges, concentrates such as shatter, hash and rosin, Edibles such as gummies, chocolates, mints and beverages that comply with federal requirements. wide variety of cannabis accessories.
What size formats are available for each product type?
Products are available in the following formats:
THC Capsule: 2.5 - 10 (mg)
CBD Capsule: 2.5 - 30 (mg)
Oil: 15, 20, 30 (mL)
Dried Flower: 1 - 3.5 - 7 - 14 - 15 - 28 (g)
Pre-Rolls: Size: 0.3g to 1g
Qty: 1 to 14 rolls per package
Seeds: 4 to 5 seeds per package
What products are coming?
The government has announced that the retailers can have a direct supply agreements with licensed craft growers by November 2021.
If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us